- Thanksgiving – So much to be grateful for...namely my health - that I did not have cancer, that I have healed so wonderfully from surgery. That I was able to have a world-class Oncologist who will monitor me closely. Also so grateful that my family is all happy and healthy, that my book and business have been so wonderfully received, that I have the most perfect family for me, that my daughter is thriving in first grade. So grateful we can have our Thanksgiving dinner at my mother-in-law's lovely home since I am not yet quite up to doing it all myself this year.
- Christmas - We are a Christmas family! This is the most special, blessed, loving, and celebratory time of the year for us. Our house will be a Christmas wonderland again this year -- love to see how special and exciting this time of year is for the kids.
- Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice and Gingerbread Lattes - 'Nuff said.
- Football Season – Yes, football still makes the list for this girl and her family! :-)
- The Golden Holiday Parade - Bundle up, hot chocolate, joy, reindeer, Santa....what more can you ask for?
- Colorado Weather – Snow one day, 60+ degrees the next. Love it -- so thankful that the family can take walks along Clear Creek in Golden all year round.
- School – My daugher is thriving in her first grade GT class. I am a proud mama!
- Cooking - One of my passions is cooking, and over the past year I have become a better baker, too. I so enjoy cooking all manner of Autumn and Holiday foods for my family and friends. Love to entertain.
- Birthdays - So many family birthdays from October through January -- definitely our "busy season" and such a wonderful season of celebration.
- Seasonal Decorating – I have inherited so many wonderful, cherished decorative items from my grandmothers – I love now being able to bring them out of storage. There is a story behind every item and I love the constant reminder. Pine-scented candles and soaps tell me it's Christmas (thank you, Williams-Sonoma).
- Snow Days - I so enjoy the falling snow and playing in the snow with the kids. Always a cozy cooking day with a roaring fire.
- My Brother - Always visits for a few weeks at Christmas and the kids (and adults) love having him here. Such a special time.
These are the little and big things that bring me every day joy and for which I am so grateful. Happy Holidays to everyone everywhere! Kristi xo