FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact: JPX Media
October 26, 2010 email@example.com
USA BOOK NEWS ANNOUNCES WINNERS AND FINALISTS OF THE “BEST BOOKS 2010” AWARDS
Mainstream & Independent Titles Score Top Honors in the
7th Annual “Best Books” Awards
LOS ANGELES – USABookNews.com, the premiere online magazine and review website for mainstream and independent publishing houses, announced the winners and finalists of THE “BEST BOOKS 2010” AWARDS (BBA) on October 26, 2010. Over 500 winners and finalists were announced in over 140 categories covering print and audio books. Awards were presented for titles published in 2010 and late 2009.
Jeffrey Keen, President and CEO of USABookNews.com, said this year’s contest yielded an unprecedented number of entries, which were then narrowed down to over 500 winners and finalists.
Award highlights include the following:
(Full results listing available on USABooknews.com)
- I’m Still Standing: Memoirs of a Woman Soldier Held Captive by Shoshana Johnson and M.L. Doyle (Touchstone, Simon & Schuster) was honored in the “Autobiography/Memoirs” category
- Fading Echoes: A True Story of Rivalry and Brotherhood from the Football Field to the Fields of Honor by Mike Sielski (Berkley, an imprint of Penguin Group USA) was awarded “Best Biography”
- Accelerating Out of the Great Recession: How to Win in a Slow-Growth Economy by David Rhodes (McGraw-Hill) won the “Best General Business Book”
- The Stubborn Fat Fix by Valerie Berkowitz (Rodale) placed number one in the “Health/Diet” category
- Londongrad by Reggie Nadelson (Walker & Company, a division of Bloomsbury USA) took home the “Best Mystery/Suspense” prize
- The Fallen by Mark Terry (Oceanview Publishing) was awarded hottest new “Thriller/Adventure”
- Journey To You: A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming Who You Were Born to Be by Steve Olsher (Bold Press) snagged “Best Self-Help Book”
- The New Path: My Life with Paramhansa Yogananda by Swami Kriyananda (Crystal Clarity Publishers) was honored as the “Best Spirituality Book of 2010”
- The “Best New Fiction Award” went to Fortuna by Michael Stevens (Oceanview Publishing)
- Living with Certainty: Experience Deep-Soul Joy by Kristi LeBlanc (Thundersnow Publishing LLC) was awarded “Best New Non-Fiction”
- Griffin: The Littlest Gargoyle by R.C. Frederick, illustrations by R.H. Obrero (randomUniverse) was given the top spot in the Children’s Picture Book category
- Full results listing available online at USABookNews.com
Keen says of the awards, now in their eighth year, “The 2010 results represent a phenomenal mix of books from a wide array of publishers throughout the United States.
With a full publicity and marketing campaign promoting the results of BBA, this year’s winners and finalists will gain additional media coverage for the upcoming holiday retail season.”
Winners and finalists traversed the publishing landscape: Simon & Schuster, Penguin/Putnum, Rodale, McGraw-Hill, John Wiley & Sons, Moody Publishers, American Cancer Society, Sourcebooks & hundreds of independent houses contributed to this year’s outstanding BBA competition. Keen adds, “BBA’s success begins with the enthusiastic participation of authors and publishers and continues with our distinguished panel of industry judges who bring to the table their extensive editorial, PR, marketing, and design expertise.”
USABookNews.com is an online publication providing coverage for books from mainstream and independent publishers to the world online community. JPX Media, in Los Angeles, California, is the parent company of USABookNews.com.
A complete list of the winners and finalists of the USABookNews.com National “Best Books 2010” Awards are available online at http://www.USABookNews.com.