Manchester United have been keen on signing the Gladbach star for a year, but Bayern are looking to bring in their own man. They’re confident that Denis Zakaria can fill the void left by Anthony Martial’s departure.
Bayern Munich are keen to sign Gladbach’s Denis Zakaria as Manchester United interest cools.
The January transfer window for 2022 is open (see when it shuts here), and there’s a lot of speculation about who’ll be heading where. Transfer Talk provides you the most up-to-date news on speculations, arrivals and departures, and, of course, completed transactions!
TOP STORY: Bayern Munich backs Zakaria
Bayern Munich are expected to take advantage of Denis Zakaria’s contract predicament, according to claims that the club’s sports director Hasan Salihamidzic has been studying him for many years.
According to Sky Germany, the Bundesliga champions are in a strong position to sign Zakaria, who has been linked with a move away from Borussia Monchengladbach since entering his last contract year.
Manchester United had also been interested in the 25-year-old, but with reports claiming that their interest has cooled, Bayern are expected to jump to the head of the line, with the club especially interested in Zakaria’s ability to play in midfield as well as as part of a back three.
And, with Corentin Tolisso’s departure from the Allianz Arena seeming increasingly imminent this summer, the Switzerland international is considered as a perfect free transfer replacement.
Denis Zakaria is said to be heading to Bayern Munich. courtesy of Getty Images
– ESPN+ viewers’ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more – Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to the Telegraph, Paris Saint-Germain has made a bid for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tanguy Ndombele. PSG’s pursuit of the 25-year-old is part of a possible player swap in which midfielder Leandro Paredes would be sent the opposite way. This season, Paredes has only made six starts for the Ligue 1 team.
– Multiple proposals for Malang Sarr have been rejected, according to Ekrem Konur. Chelsea has turned down bids from AS Roma and Leicester City for the 22-year-old defender, who has only made eight appearances this season. Sarr, who is also on Everton’s, Newcastle United’s, and West Ham United’s shortlists, may get additional bids in the near future.
– According to Tom Bogert of MLSSoccer.com, Leeds United has dispatched agents to Austria to plan a new approach for FC Salzburg midfielder Brenden Aaronson of the United States. The Premier League team is eager to complete a deal within the current transfer window, but Salzburg is adamant on keeping him until the summer, recently rejecting a proposal of $20 million.
– Nicolo Schira reports that AC Milan has made an offer for Sardar Azmoun, with Zenit St Petersburg hoping to get a price before his contract expires at the end of the season. The 27-year-old striker continued to impress this season, netting 10 goals in 15 appearances. Despite discussions of a deal between the Russian club and Lyon, Azmoun’s team may now have other choices as it tests the waters in Europe’s top divisions.
– Marca reports that Sevilla have redirected their focus to Lyon attacker Moussa Dembele. The LaLiga club has been looking for a striker since January, and after making little progress with a move for Manchester United’s Anthony Martial, they are now exploring a loan deal for Dembele. The 25-year-old striker has five goals in 15 appearances this season.
– According to FA Intermediary Paul O’Keefe, Hugo Lloris has signed a new two-year deal with Tottenham Hotspur. Fabrizio Romano also reported the news, adding that Antonio Conte was desperate to maintain hold of the starting goalkeeper, whose contract was set to expire in January. The 35-year-old will now stay in North London until the summer of 2024, according to reports.
Watch This Video-
- bayern munich schedule