This is the latest and final patch for NieR: Automata, which fixes many of the most common bugs experienced by players. The game also has other new features like additional endings and an in-game shop to help make your gaming experience easier
The “NieR: Automata crash when starting new game” is a common bug that has been present for a while. This article will provide a full fix for the issue, and should be used as an alternative to contacting support.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
Updated on February 23, 2022.
Originally published in June 2018
- NieR Automata is a prominent role-playing game that is noted for its very challenging gameplay and futuristic narratives.
- Although the game is updated on a regular basis, some players continue to report bugs.
- We’ve included a list of the most frequent difficulties and what you can do about them in the instructions below.
- Continue reading to find out what to do if the game crashes, freezes, or shows a white screen, among other issues.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Invaders have driven humans off Earth, and NieR: Automata is set in this planet. Humans have taken sanctuary on the Moon, but they refuse to give up their home planet.
In a desperate attempt to reclaim their world, the Council of Humanity creates a rebellion of android troops. The Resistance sends out YoRHa, a new troop of android soldiers, to fight the invaders one more time.
The gameplay in NieR: Automata is both tough and enjoyable. Unfortunately, numerous technological faults might occasionally hinder the game experience. In this post, we’ll go through a number of remedies for some of the most common NieR: Automata issues.
Issues with NieR Automata have been resolved.
Nier: Automata is a fascinating game, although it has a number of flaws. Here are some of the most frequent concerns that customers have reported:
- Nier Automata crashes – Users report that the game crashes regularly on their computers. This may be a major issue, and it’s generally caused by the drivers for your graphics card. It is recommended that you reload your drivers and install the previous version to resolve the problem.
- Many users have stated that Nier Automata freezes on their computers. This may have a significant impact on your gaming experience, but you may be able to resolve the issue by altering the CPU affinity.
- Black bars in Nier Automata – A few people have reported seeing black bars when playing NieR: Automata. This problem is caused by your game settings, which may be adjusted to fix the problem.
- White screen in NieR: Automata – Another widespread issue with NieR: Automata is the white screen. Many customers have encountered this problem, however you should be able to resolve it by updating your graphics card’s drivers. You may also solve the issue by installing the FAR community mod.
Install older AMD drivers as a first step.
According to users, your PC may sometimes encounter white screen crashes. This is most common with AMD graphics cards, however you may be able to fix it by just updating previous AMD drivers. To do so, just follow these instructions:
- Using the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility, remove all of your drivers.
- The 16.11.5 drivers are available for download and installation (yes, you have to roll back that far).
- In the registry, disable Xbox DVR.
- If required, use a borderless window.
You won’t be able to utilize ReLive to record gameplay video after taking these steps. This is the workaround’s single known drawback.
Change your driver settings as a second option.
When utilizing GTX 780 Ti graphics, several customers have noticed freezing. This is caused by the settings on your graphics card, however you can easily correct it by adjusting the following settings:
- Go to your driver settings page > change the Anti Aliasing configuration mode to override the game’s settings.
- Anisotropic filtering should be turned off.
- Select Maximum performance in the Power management mode.
- V-sync should be set to Adaptable.
Solution 3: Modify the game’s settings
Many Nvidia users have complained about NieR: Automata’s poor frame rate. This may be a major issue, making your game almost unplayable. You may, however, resolve this issue by making the following adjustments.
1. Use the in-game options shown below:
- Windowed Viewing Mode
- V-Sync is turned off.
- AA: OFF
- OFF MotionBlur
- HBAO: ON
- x16 Anisotropic Filter
2. Open the GeForce Driver Settings > select Manage 3D Settings Go to Program Settings > add nierautomata.exe (should be pathing in your steam folder) to your list.
3. Make the following adjustments:
- Override any Application Setting with Antialiasing Mode
- Setting for antialiasing: x2 (or higher if you can)
- Power Management Mode: If you want to get the most out of your computer, this is the mode to use.
- Anistrophic sample opti: OFF Texture Filtering
- Adaptive (60Hz) or Adaptive (half refresh rate / 30Hz/fps) vertical sync
Solution 4: Update your Nvidia drivers.
If you’re having trouble playing NieR: Automata on Windows 10, it might be a problem with your graphics card drivers. Users claim that reverting to an earlier version of Nvidia drivers would resolve the problem. This is a reasonably straightforward process that may be accomplished by following these steps:
- To thoroughly uninstall your Nvidia driver, use Display Driver Uninstaller.
- After you’ve removed the driver, you’ll need to download and install the previous version.
The problem should be rectified after you install an older driver. Keep in mind that Windows 10 has a habit of updating old drivers automatically, so it’s quite probable that Windows will upgrade your graphics card driver, causing the problem to resurface. To remedy this, you should disable automatic driver updates to avoid the problem from recurring.
Change the processor affinity (solution 5)
According to users, altering the CPU affinity may be able to solve the issue with NieR Automata crashes. This is only a workaround; if it works, you’ll have to do it every time you start the game. Follow these steps to adjust the processor affinity:
- Begin the game. Press Alt + Tab to minimize the game as soon as it begins.
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Locate NierAutomata.exe by going to the Details page. Set Affinity from the menu by right-clicking it.
- To save your modifications, choose just Core 0 and Core 2 and click OK. If you have more than four cores, you should start with Core 0 and deactivate the others.
- Return to the game now, and everything should function normally again.
As previously said, this is only a workaround; if it works for you, make a habit of doing so every time you start the game.
You may also construct a.bat file that will run NieR: Automata with the appropriate parameters automatically. Follow these steps to do so:
- Notepad should now be open.
- Now paste the following commands into the command prompt:
- dp0 dp0 dp0 dp0 dp0 dp
- start /affinity 55 /affinity 55 /affinity 55 /affin NieRAutomata.exe
- Click File > Save as.
- Now choose All Files as the Save As type. As filename.bat, type the desired file. You may call it whatever you want, as long as you include the.bat extension at the end. Set the saving folder to the installation path for NieR: Automata and click Save.
All you have to do now is execute the.bat file you produced, and every other core will be disabled automatically. Remember that you’ll have to execute the.bat file each time you wish to play the game.
Depending on the amount of physical cores you have, you may need to tweak the code somewhat, according to many users. Here’s a brief way to determining which values to use:
- 1 core = affinity/start 1NieRAutomata.exe
- start /affinity 5 NieRAutomata.exe 2 cores
- 3 cores = start NieRAutomata.exe /affinity 15
- 4 cores = start /affinity 55 /affinity 55 /affinity 55 /affin NieRAutomata.exe
Solution 6: Enable Debug Mode in the drivers.
If your game continues crashing and freezing while using Nvidia graphics, it’s possible that the problem is with your drivers. Users claim that merely changing the drivers to function in Debug Mode in Nvidia Control Panel may be enough to solve the issue.
Simply follow these instructions to do so:
- Start the Nvidia Control Panel application.
- Now go to Help > Debug Mode.
The Debug Mode will be activated after that, and you should be able to play the game without any problems. Keep in mind that this is just a workaround, and you’ll have to do it again anytime you wish to play.
Solution 7 – Make sure your drivers are up to current.
Problems with NieR: Automata, according to users, might arise if your drivers are out of current. It is recommended that you update all of your drivers to resolve this issue. This might be time consuming, particularly if you have to individually update each driver.
Automatic driver updaters, on the other hand, will make this task more simpler and safer. You run the danger of downloading a bad driver that doesn’t match your hardware if you download your drivers manually. Your system may be severely harmed as a result of this.
Dedicated applications like DriverFix will scan your PC and detect any obsolete, damaged, or missing drivers, then automatically locate the most recent version. It features a constantly expanding driver library and is said to always match your hardware with the appropriate driver.
Furthermore, you may have DriverFix do frequent driver checks and update/repair your drivers for you. Because it is so light, you can leave it running in the background to look after your drivers while you concentrate on other vital activities.
Solution #8: Turn off the overlay in the game.
It’s crucial to note that in-game overlay might create difficulties with the game if you’re using the Steam version of the game or if you acquired it from any other digital distributor. Simply open Steam or any other platform you’re using and deactivate overlay and community features while playing to solve the issue.
Several people have indicated that this helps with a variety of difficulties, so give it a go. It’s worth noting that this is only a workaround, and you’ll have to repeat the procedure each time you wish to play the game.
Solution 9: Make use of the FAR mod.
Although NieR: Automata has its share of flaws, many players banded together to solve them on their own. The FAR mod is a community mod for NieR: Automata that addresses a variety of game bugs.
If you’re having trouble playing NieR: Automata, consider downloading the FAR mode from Steam Community.
If you’ve found any more solutions to other NieR: Automata problems, please share them in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “nier automata crash after first boss” is a common bug that occurs in the game. This article has a full fix for the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix NieR Automata crash?
A: The most common reason for NieR Automata crashing is due to the game being unable to load certain missions. It may help you in this case if you try restarting your console or uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If neither of these options proves helpful, please contact support at http://support.bandainamco-games.com/
Why does NieR Automata keep crashing?
A: This is due to the game being a bug that has not been fixed yet.
Is NieR Automata on PC fixed?
A: Unfortunately, the release of NieR Automata on PC is still not fixed.
- nier automata far mod
- nier: automata cutscene fix
- nier automata stuttering
- how to fix nier automata pc
- nier automata pc issues