The new design of the Windows 11 context menu is now available, and it has been met with mixed reactions.
The windows 11 context menu show more options is a new design that has been implemented in Windows 11.
When you right-click in File Explorer in Windows 11, you’ll get a new context menu. It’s a welcome update since it seems to be lot more polished, which is exactly what Windows 11 is about. However, this does not imply that everything is perfect. If we wish to edit a file using an application, for example, the “edit with” option in the Windows 11 context menu is missing.
You may be curious as to why the context menu in Windows 11 was completely redesigned. The Microsoft development team has a detailed explanation on why the change was necessary.
While the Windows 10 context menu is very helpful, there are certain elements of its design that we wanted to enhance in Windows 11.
- The most popular commands – cut, copy, paste, delete, and rename – are not accessible with the mouse, touch point, or pen.
- The cuisine is very extensive. Since the introduction of IContextMenu in Windows XP, it has flourished in an uncontrolled environment over the last 20 years.
- It contains commands that are seldom used.
- Open and Open with, for example, should be grouped together but are occasionally separated.
- App-added commands have no standard organizational structure and may disrupt portions of inbox commands.
- App-created commands are not traceable to the app.
- Many commands in Explorer execute in-process, which may degrade speed and reliability.
The context menu in Windows 11 solves these issues in the following ways:
- The location of common commands is exactly adjacent to where the menu is invoked.
- The terms “open” and “open with” are combined.
- IExplorerCommand + app identity allows apps to expand the menu. Sparse Manifests may be used by unpackaged Win32 applications. IExplorerCommand has been supported since Windows 7.
- Shell verbs are grouped along with app extensions.
- The Shell instructions to hydrate or dehydrate the file are put next to the Cloud Files provider applications.
- Apps that have several verbs are placed together in a flyout with app attribution.
- “Show additional choices” opens the Windows 10 context menu in its current state, allowing you to access low-use Shell verbs and applications that are currently being ported over. No commands have been completely eliminated.
- The Windows 10 context menu may also be accessed by pressing Shift-F10 or the keyboard menu key.
We may utilize the display additional choices (Shift+F10) option in the Windows 11 context menu to view the pre-Windows 11 context menu and choose the apps or settings we want to use. So it’s one more handling than we had before Windows 11.
There is a registry entry that we may use to restore the menu to the way it was in Windows 10. As a result, we may view that as a viable option. However, when we enable it, we don’t get the lovely Windows 11 context menu.
Windows 11 development or beta is not available to all developers. As a result, developers will have to wait a while to see their apps integrated into the Windows 11 context menu.
WinRAR 6.10 beta 1 has already been released, and it includes support for Windows 11 Explorer context menus.
Also, as you can see from the discussion: “Edit using Notepad++” under Windows 11, Don Ho, the creator of Notepad++, is involved.
That concludes our discussion.
The context menu in Windows 11 was addressed. Give it some time and wait for an update if your favorite apps are missing from the Windows 11 context menu. Most programs will support the new Windows 11 context menu within a few weeks or months.
Did you find this article to be interesting? You may also be interested in limiting access to the Azure AD administrative interface. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and share this post.
The windows 10 context menu in windows 11 is a new design for the Windows context menu. The new design allows users to access the context menu from anywhere on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the context menu in Windows 11?
Press Windows+R, type in regedit and press enter.
How do I get the old right-click menu back in Windows 11?
This is a feature that Microsoft removed from Windows 11. You can download the old right-click menu here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50653
How do I get the classic context menu of file explorer back in Windows 11?
In Windows 10, a context menu is opened by pressing the right mouse button on an empty space. In Windows 11, it is now opened by clicking the lower left corner of the screen with two fingers.
- windows 11 context menu bug
- windows 11 right-click menu
- windows 11 right-click menu change
- 7zip windows 11 context menu
- windows 11 disable new context menu